Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Easter Weekend

McKayla's goat, that we "gutter-gifted" to the neighbor up the street, had twins. They were two little boys so that means that they will not be there too long. They were so cute.

Not only do we like to dye hard boiled eggs but also hollow eggs. This is not snot but egg yolk.

The kids kept saying they didn't want to do Easter Eggs this year so I didn't push it. Around noon on Easter Isaac asked when we were going to dye eggs. So I got them boiling and when they were finished all four of the kids were up in the kitchen designing and coloring eggs while we listened to the last session of conference together. For a bunch of kids that were not interested, they all sure had fun. Here is the final product including the flowers my mom sent us.
We had sent all our knives off to be sharpened so that left us with this huge knife for our cutting needs for Easter dinner. It was hilarious because it looked so awkward.

Travis was in California for two weeks and over the holiday weekend which was weird for us and not as fun as if he were here. It was a quiet weekend without him but I enjoyed conference.









1 comment:

The McGraths said...

I WANT YOUR PLATES! I know I shouldn't covet but they are SOOOOO pretty!