Saturday, June 21, 2008

Baseball

I really love watching Isaac play baseball. He is just so cute and it is so much fun for him right now. Of course he is looking forward to when they keep score and have tournaments but for right now he is such a joy to watch. He said today after his game that he was the very best
player on his team and that he can catch anything from anyone on his team when they practice. I had to remind him to keep that just between the two of us and not share that with the rest of the team because being a really great teammate and player means that you are supportive and complimentary of everyone else except yourself. But he really is the best player on his team, just kidding. He did get some great hits today, he batted first and hit the first pitch past short stop and out into left field. You should have seen his face when he made it to first base, stopped to see if I saw, and then headed for second. SO DANG CUTE! This is the stuff that us moms live for! Seeing our kids being so happy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

ooohh... please tell me when his next game is! I would LOVE to go! I love that kid!

Melinda said...

What's that??? A SLIDE into home base? I think maybe he really might be the best on his team??
Ethan is playing t-ball. He doesn't have a clue what it's about. The first game, he hit the ball and then ran after the ball, dragging his bat with him! I think in his mind, the whole thing is just a social event anyway.